Full Day Excursion to Nisyros
Discover the beauty of the volcanic island of Nisyros
A Cruise south of Kos Island to the Volcanic Island of Nisyros. A tour by bus that will take you right into the heart of the volcano! Deep down the mouth of the volcano you will feel the force of the lava rumbling beneath your feet, witness the bubbling mud pools and steam geezers. After that you will have time to enjoy the blue and white painted harbor town of Mandraki with its narrow cobbled windy streets, or you can walk your way up to the Monastery of Panagia. It takes 129 steps to get there but as it is located on top of the village you will have stunning views over Nisyros and the surrounding islands.
Terms & Conditions
Duration: Full Day
Area: Nisyros Island
Points of interest: Nisyros volcano, Mandraki
Starting point: Your Accommodation
Escort: Professional guide
Meals: Not included
The Full Day Excursion to Nisyros by S Tours Itinerary
- 08:30 – 09:00 pickup from hotels.
- 09:00 – 09:30 Transfer to Kardamena port
- 09:30 – 10:30 boat trip to Nisyros.
- 10:30 – 11:00 transfer to Volcano.
- 11:00 – 11:45 Visit to Volcano.
- 11:45 – 12:20 transfer from Volcano to Mandraki with a stop for Volcano panoramic photos
- 12:20 – 15:30 free time for lunch and shopping
- 15:30 – 16:30 boat trip to Kardamena
- 16:30 – 17:30 return back to hotels.
- People with asthma, heart problems or pregnant women have to be careful and may choose not to visit the crater.
- Sturdy footwear is recommended in the crater.
- Not recommended to those with mobility problems.
- Visiting times might change, in case there are delays from clients, heavy traffic, accidents, marches, etc.
- All clients that have to make their own way to the port, have to be 30 minutes before departure of the boat, at the predicted meeting point.
In general included in ticket for this excursion:
- Transfer from Hotel to harbor & back · Boat Ticket
- Transfer to Volcano & return
- All V.A.T. & Port Tax
- Entrance fee to Volcano 3€
Bring with you: Comfortable clothing and shoes, camera, hat, sunglasses and sun cream.