Full Day Highlights of Rhodes Tour
Discover Rhodes in a day!
Whether you are a short-stay traveller in Rhodes or you are just looking for the best excursion to discover all Rhodes Island has to in a day then the Full Day Highlights of S Tours is the prime choice. Read here the stops and the exciting schedule of this tour.
First stop at the romantic Kallithea Springs, the beautiful seaside natural spa built by the Italians. Then we drive through the Mandraki Harbour (Rhodes city) with the impressive buildings and the imposing Medieval Old Town, and up to the Ancient Stadium beneath the temple of Apollo, the Acropolis of Rhodes, with a short stop for breath-taking panoramic photos. After a short drive along the west coast, we continue the tour up the Filerimos hill, the place where the Ancient Acropolis of Ialysos, one of the three ancient cities of Rhodes Island once stood. There, the group will visit the evocative monastery of our Lady of Filerimos, the intriguing museum and a pastoral cloister leading up to a belvedere where a cross-shaped tower offers amazing views to the western side of the island.
Afterwards we arrive at Apollona village where we will visit a small local shop for a tasting of the traditional spirit "Souma" and a visit to the museum (optional). Then, you’ll have some free time for lunch at a traditional Greek tavern, where you can try the amazing Greek "mezedes". As you are fully energised we move up the mountain of Profitis Ilias for a coffee break and a photo stop. Next stop is the visit to the Fountoukli monastery, one of the most famous monasteries of Rhodes. The tour will end at St Nektarios monastery’s parking lot.
Terms & Conditions
52.00 € / per person
Duration: Full Day
Area: North, East & West Rhodes
Points of interest: Kallithea Springs, Filerimos, Mandraki, Ancient Acropolis of Rhodes, Apollona village, Prophet Ilias, Fountoukli Monastery
Starting point: Your accommodation
Escort: Professional Guide
Meals: Not Included
The Full Day Highlights of Rhodes Tour by S Tours Itinerary
- 09:30 Arrival at Kallithea Springs
- 10:30 Departure from Kallithea Springs
- 11:25 Arrival at Filerimos- via a scenic tour of Mandraki Harbour, the Ancient Stadium and the Temple of Apollo with a photo stop for 15 minutes maximum.
- 12:25 Departure from Filerimos
- 13:25 Lunch and free time at Apollona village
- 15:25 Departure from Apollona village
- 15:40 Arrival at Profitis Ilias
- 16:20 Departure from Profitis Ilias
- 16:35 Arrival at Fountoukli Monastery
- 16:50 Departure from Fountoukli Monastery
- 17:15 Arrival at St Nektarios’ parking lot
- 17:30 Departure from St Nektarios’ parking lot
- Entrance fees are extra and paid by clients on spot.
- The entrance fees for the Full Day Highlights of Rhodes Tour are:
- Kallithea Springs/ Thermes: 2 euro per person, children up to 6Y free.
- Filerimos: 6 euro per person, children up to 18Y free (please provide ID)
Bring with you: Comfortable shoes, hat, cameras for photos, enough money for food/ drinks, shopping and entrance fees.