Full Day Kos City Tour
Unveil the secret of Kos island capital
In the capital of Kos ancient history meets roman masterpieces and Ottoman buildings that you can’t leave unexplored. The Half Day Kos city tour by S Tours is the right choice to discover the multi phased history of the capital of Kos Island. In this tour you will learn all about Asklipion, where Hippocrates founded the basis of modern medicine. The “West excavation zone” in the capital is probably the most intriguing site with the ancient gymnasium, the roman public baths, the “Nymphaion” and the Odeon. The central square of the city, which is surrounded by iconic Italian buildings such as the Museum, the Agora and the Library. The stops of this tour also include the “Toll Gate” and the square of Hippocrates’ Plane Tree, the oldest tree in Europe.
Terms & Conditions
40.50 € / per person - 20.50 / per child (5-12 yrs old)
Duration: Full Day
Area: Kos city
Points of interest: Asklipion, West Excavation Zone, Central Square, Hippocrates plane tree
Starting point: Your accommodation
Escort: Professional guide
Meals: Not included
The Full Day Kos City Tour by S Tours Itinerary
- Tour starts at the ancient sanctuary dedicated to the God of health, Asklipion
- Tour to the West Excavation Zone of Kos capital to admire the ancient gymnasium, the roman public baths, the “Early Christian Basilica”, the “Nymphaion”, the Casa Romana and the ancient Odeon.
- Walk through the small streets of the old town to reach Liberty’s square, the central square of the city, the Museum (the Italian Palace of 1936), the Agora (the Market) and the Library.
- Tour finishes at the square of Hippocrates’ Plane Tree, the oldest tree in Europe
- Bring with you: Comfortable shoes, hat, cameras for photos, sun protection and sunglasses.